Brian has provided services to private companies, start-ups, venture backed companies, mid-market private equity backed companies and public companies.
Sample engagement work includes:
- Hedge Fund: Served as the acting CFO of a start-up hedge fund focused on REO investments. Established professional relationships, developed financial models and assisted in developing the fund offering memorandum.
- Technology firm: conducted a business process review.
- International Manufacturing & Construction Firm: Completed the post transaction accounting and audit for a private equity acquisitions including purchase accounting, implementing a monthly close process, financial and cash reporting.
- Defense industry distribution Company: Project manager for an Epicor ERP implementation which included process reengineering of accounting and fulfillment operations for a distributor of marine, homeland security products to local, state and federal government entities.
- Prepaid Credit Card: For an international bank, conducted the financial due diligence for the acquisition of a public pre-paid financial services company.
- Residential real estate investment firm: Served as interim CFO and provided accounting services through RBG Accounting Services.
- Start-up Beverage Company: Provided financial modeling and budgeting services to a start-up bottled juice venture.
- Internet Advertising Firm: Provided SEC Reporting Support for a start-up firm that included a reverse merger into an existing public entity.
- Educational Publisher: For this K-12 workbook publisher conducted a cost and operational analysis of manufacturing, accounting, marketing and sales process.
- Educational Publisher: For this K-12 test prep company prepared accounting analysis and provided audit support.
- New Media Agency: provided fractions CFO Services. Provided Operational & financial management including process infrastructure, office leasehold & build-out, vendor negotiations, Board Meetings, Series B financing assistance.
- Public Equipment Lessor Interim Controller – Oversaw the accounting operations for seven public equity funds managed firm. Responsibility included: SEC filings, policies & procedures and managing a staff of ten accountants.
- Internet Video ASP: Project CFO. Developed financial models, accounting policies and procedures and financial reporting.
- NY Pizza chain and franchiser: Developed financial projections, provided strategic planning assistance and worked to develop the private placement memorandum.
- Public Internet Incubator: Served as interim CFO – Completed the acquisition of an e-tailer, managed the audit and assisted in the necessary SEC filings.